Senior Software Engineer
Founded in 2014, Vinli is an automotive technology company based in the heart of Downtown Dallas. In just four years, our team has built the most advanced vehicle data computing platform, grown into the largest connected car app ecosystem, and secured global partnerships with significant players in the telecom, automotive, and asset management industries. Vinli’s fully customizable platform has enabled sophisticated brands to easily engineer connected car services, allowing them to capitalize on both their vehicle data and other related data sources. Our passion is building products that unlock the true value of connected cars by showing drivers, passengers and organizations the potential hidden within their vehicles' data.
- Develop user and business-facing applications designed for scale and performance using technologies such as Go, Node.js and Python.
- Understand and utilize Vinli’s public and internal sets of RESTful APIs.
- Build and maintain highly scalable backend systems using a microservices architecture.
- Research new technologies; provide ideas for technical and/or workflow & process improvements.
- Participate in a collaborative and continuous code review process; the whole team is responsible for knowing and ensuring code quality for the entire project.
- Working closely with QA and DevOps teams to make sure your code flows smoothly through testing and deployment to production.
- Continue to take responsibility for code after it is deployed to production.
- Keep pace with daily code releases to production.
- We want to see a portfolio of applications you have built that clearly demonstrates your coding proficiency, eye for quality, understanding of security, and attention to performance. Preferred sources: Github profile, public blog, etc.
- Bachelor of Computer or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years professional experience in software development and architecture
- Experience developing web applications that are proven in production to scale horizontally
- Preference for code that is clean, modular, and well-tested
- Experience with RESTful API principles and working knowledge of common authentication/authorization practices
- Experience with RDMS and NoSQL databases in production
- Event bus oriented architectures like AMQP (RabbitMQ) or Kafka
- Docker and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Contributing to front end applications in Vue.js, React, Ember, or Angular
- You enjoy tuning queries to save milliseconds on API response time
- You thrive in challenging environments that require collaborative problem solving
- You prefer to spend your time coding and collaborating, not in meetings
- You take pride and responsibility seeing the product you worked on meet the real world for the first time
- You are capable of independently prioritizing your duties and still work well with a team
- You can both accept and provide thoughtful, respectful constructive criticism.
Vinli offers competitive benefits including health care, PTO, drinks & snacks, and a cool office in walking distance to Deep Ellum, the Dallas Farmers Market, and the historic East Quarter.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, veteran status, age, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.
Remote position ok for the right candidate.