Software Development Engineer in Test
Founded in 2014, Vinli is an automotive technology company based in the heart of Downtown Dallas. In just four years, our team has built the most advanced vehicle data computing platform, grown into the largest connected car app ecosystem, and secured global partnerships with significant players in the telecom, automotive, and asset management industries. Vinli’s fully customizable platform has enabled sophisticated brands to easily engineer connected car services, allowing them to capitalize on both their vehicle data and other related data sources. Our passion is building products that unlock the true value of connected cars by showing drivers, passengers and organizations the potential hidden within their vehicles' data.
We are open to this being a Remote position for the right candidate.
- Break stuff and describe how you did it.
- Work closely with developers and project managers to understand how to verify functionality of an entire project in terms of individual user stories.
- Generate and execute a test plan from rough user stories; requirements change rapidly and you are expected to keep up.
- Be curious about Vinli’s products and offerings and work independently to learn the company’s vocabulary.
- Write clear, concise, and actionable bug reports through Github and track the progress of resolutions out to production.
- Streamline the QA process to facilitate daily releases to production (scripting, automating, testing tools like POSTMAN, etc).
- Previous QA and software development experience
- Experience with automated testing tools (nightwatch.js, selenium, mocha, chai, jest, cypress, etc)
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and the ability to perform HTTP requests from the command line or a tool like POSTMAN to verify they work as intended.
- Basic coding skills. Writing a script, querying a database, understanding task queues.
- Great communication skills, written and oral.
- A sense of pride and strong desire to ensure bug-free code is being deployed on a daily basis.
- Interest or experience in the automotive industry (repair, dealership, sales, etc.)
- You live to break any and all kinds of software, and you’re exceptional at describing how you did it
- You are able to thrive in a fast-moving environment with high stakes for the company’s success
- You take pride and responsibility seeing the product you worked on meet the real world for the first time
Vinli offers competitive benefits including health care, PTO, drinks & snacks, and a cool office in walking distance to Deep Ellum, the Dallas Farmers Market, and the historic East Quarter.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, veteran status, age, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.